The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) is accepting nominations for its 2018 association awards, including:
- Black Pearl Award (sponsored by F&H Food Equipment Company). Black Pearl trophy presented in recognition of a company's outstanding commitment to and achievement in corporate excellence in food safety and quality.
- Fellow Award. Marble Plaque presented to members who have contributed to IAFP and its affiliates with distinction over an extended period of time.
- Honorary Life Membership Award. Plaque and Lifetime Membership in IAFP presented to members for their dedication to the high ideals and objectives of IAFP and for their service to the association.
- Harry Haverland Citation Award (sponsored by Eurofins). Plaque and $2,500 Honorarium presented to an individual for many years of dedication and devotion to the ideals and objectives of IAFP.
- Food Safety Innovation Award (sponsored by Walmart). Plaque and $2,500 Honorarium presented to a member or organization for creating a new idea, practice or product that has had a positive impact on food safety, thus, improving public health and the quality of life.
- International Leadership Award (sponsored by Cargill, Inc.). Plaque, $2,000 Honorarium and reimbursement to attend IAFP 2018 presented to an individual for dedication to the high ideals and objectives of IAFP and for promotion of the mission of the Association in countries outside of the United States and Canada.
- GMA Food Safety Award (sponsored by Grocery Manufacturers Association). Plaque and $2,000 Honorarium; alternates between individuals and groups or organizations. In 2018, presented to an individual for a highly significant food safety development or in recognition of a long history of outstanding contributions to food safety.
- Frozen Food Foundation Freezing Research Award (sponsored by the Frozen Food Foundation). Plaque and $2,000 Honorarium presented to an individual, group or organization for preeminence and outstanding contributions in research that impacts food safety attributes of freezing.
- Maurice Weber Laboratorian Award (sponsored by Weber Scientific). Plaque and $2,000 Honorarium presented to an individual for outstanding contributions in the laboratory, recognizing a commitment to the development of innovative and practical analytical approaches in support of food safety.
- Larry Beuchat Young Researcher Award (sponsored by bioMérieux, Inc.) Plaque and $2,000 Honorarium presented to a young researcher who has shown outstanding ability and professional promise in the early years of their career.
- Ewen C.D. Todd Control of Foodborne Illness Award (sponsored by Marler Clark Attorneys at Law) Plaque and $1,500 Honorarium presented to an individual for dedicated and exceptional contributions to the reduction of risks to foodborne illness.
- Sanitarian Award (sponsored by Ecolab Inc.) Plaque and $1,500 Honorarium presented to an individual for dedicated and exceptional service to the profession of the Sanitarian, serving the public and the food industry.
- Elmer Marth Educator Award (sponsored by Nelson-Jameson, Inc.) Plaque and $1,500 Honorarium presented to an individual for dedicated and exceptional contributions to the profession of the educator.
- Harold Barnum Industry Award (sponsored by NSF International). Plaque and $1,500 Honorarium presented to an individual for dedicated and exceptional service to IAFP, the public and the food industry.
- Travel Award for State or Provincial Health or Agricultural Department Employees (sponsored by the IAFP Foundation). Provides travel funds for state or provincial health or agricultural department employees (epidemiologists, food and molecular microbiologists, and environmental health specialists) working in North America to attend the Annual Meeting of the International Association for Food Protection and to encourage participation in association activities.
- Travel Award for a Food Safety Professional in a Country with a Developing Economy (sponsored by the IAFP Foundation). Provides travel funds for food safety professionals working full-time in the field of food safety in a country with a developing economy to attend the Annual Meeting of the International Association for Food Protection. Related professions may include positions in the fields of research, education, industry, government service or in the private sector.
- Student Travel Scholarship (sponsored by the IAFP Foundation). Provides travel funding for full-time students to attend the Annual Meeting of the International Association for Food Protection and to encourage developing scientists to participate in association activities. Scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in a college or university food safety-related degree program.
- Samuel J. Crumbine Consumer Protection Award. Presented annually to local environmental health jurisdictions for excellence and continual improvement in a comprehensive program of food protection at the local level.
Nomination criteria and instructions are available at: www.foodprotection.org/get-involved/awards. All award nominations and applications (other than the Black Pearl Award) must be submitted electronically as instructed on the IAFP website by Tuesday, February 20, 2018. You may make multiple nominations and need not be an IAFP Member to nominate a deserving professional or colleague or submit an application for the Travel Award to attend the IAFP Annual Meeting. IAFP Student Members are invited to submit an application for the Student Travel Scholarship award to attend the IAFP Annual Meeting