BEND, Ore. — Suterra announced its newest aerosol mating disruption product CheckMate Puffer IMM is now OMRI listed and compliant with organic industry standards. As a result, organic commercial food handling and processing facilities can effectively and efficiently control Indianmeal moth and other stored product moth species.
The new Puffer IMM uses the same Puffer technology trusted by thousands of growers in 20 countries, Suterra said. This aerosol device automatically puffs non-toxic, species-specific pheromone into the air to confuse and interrupt mating of moths, thus lowering pest populations and helping pest management professionals achieve ultimate control.
"It is a breakthrough to be able to offer an organic product to the increasing number of food processors and handlers that can be used in accordance with National Organic Program Standards,” said Vijay Pai, general manager of commercial pests at Suterra. “We are excited to see the industry moving toward preventative control methods, and Checkmate Puffer IMM is the best in its class for large-scale food handling facilities with stored product moth challenges.”
Additionally, Suterra said the new Puffer IMM is easy to deploy and can be used in a variety of commercial settings like food manufacturing, milling, storage, distribution and retail settings. CheckMate Puffer IMM has proven effectiveness at preventing and controlling infestations of Indianmeal moth, Mediterranean flour moth, raisin moth, tropical warehouse moth, and tobacco moth for six months or more, the company stated.
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- McCloud Services’ Pest Invasion Food Safety Set for April 4-5
- FDA Proposes Redesign of Human Foods Program
- Statement from International Dairy Foods Association on Proposed Changes to the FDA Human Foods Program
- AFDO Reacts to FDA Commissioner's Human Foods Proposal
- International Fresh Produce Association Supports FDA Announcement; Awaits More Details
- Upright Brooms by Perfex
- FDA Announces Action Levels for Lead in Categories of Processed Baby Foods
- Tara Stroud Joins Highland Ag Solutions as Director of Customer Success