SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced the FDA New Era of Smarter Food Safety Summit on E-Commerce: Ensuring the Safety of Foods Ordered Online and Delivered Directly to Consumers, a virtual summit scheduled for Oct. 19-21, 2021.
The goal for the summit is to convene industry and consumer experts, government officials, stakeholders and other interested parties for a discussion and exchange of perspectives about the safety of human and animal foods produced, manufactured, sold and delivered directly to consumers through e-commerce. Summit participants will discuss the regulatory framework that apply to these foods and ways to strengthen food safety. More specifics, including information on how to register for the summit will follow in the Federal Register and on the FDA website.
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- McCloud Services’ Pest Invasion Food Safety Set for April 4-5
- FDA Proposes Redesign of Human Foods Program
- Statement from International Dairy Foods Association on Proposed Changes to the FDA Human Foods Program
- AFDO Reacts to FDA Commissioner's Human Foods Proposal
- International Fresh Produce Association Supports FDA Announcement; Awaits More Details
- Upright Brooms by Perfex
- FDA Announces Action Levels for Lead in Categories of Processed Baby Foods
- Tara Stroud Joins Highland Ag Solutions as Director of Customer Success