BOULDER, Colo. — The a2 Milk Company announced it has received discretion from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to supply its a2 Platinum Premium infant milk formula to the U.S. market to help alleviate the ongoing supply crisis. a2 Platinum is manufactured in New Zealand and is an international infant milk formula brand. The a2 Milk Company expects to sell up to 1 million cans through June 30, 2023, assuming enforcement discretion remains in place throughout the period, and with the opportunity to support the US market in the long-term. The company is also able to supply Stage 3 toddler product in addition to this which does not require enforcement discretion.
With FDA enforcement discretion, a2 Milk can leverage its existing presence and strong retailer partnerships in the U.S., where it has sold its premium fresh milk products since 2015, to secure distribution for a2 Platinum in key nationwide retailers.
Blake Waltrip, CEO of The a2 Milk Company USA said: “As a major global provider of infant formula, receiving permission to bring our a2 Platinum formula to the U.S. will enable us to help address current supply shortages across the country with a product that parents have trusted internationally for more than a decade.”
As with all of the company’s products, a2 Platinum is made with a2 Milk. a2 Milk is 100% real milk that comes from cows that naturally produce only the A2 protein type. Published research suggests that a2 Milk is easier on digestion and may help some avoid stomach discomfort. In the U.S., a2 Milk is one of the fastest-growing premium milk brands with distribution in more than 27,000 stores.
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- McCloud Services’ Pest Invasion Food Safety Set for April 4-5
- FDA Proposes Redesign of Human Foods Program
- Statement from International Dairy Foods Association on Proposed Changes to the FDA Human Foods Program
- AFDO Reacts to FDA Commissioner's Human Foods Proposal
- International Fresh Produce Association Supports FDA Announcement; Awaits More Details
- Upright Brooms by Perfex
- FDA Announces Action Levels for Lead in Categories of Processed Baby Foods
- Tara Stroud Joins Highland Ag Solutions as Director of Customer Success