- Crisis preparedness and management, such as pandemic preparedness plan development, review and assessment, and a virtual or onsite preparedness assessment
- Infectious disease event support, including 24/7 support for actual or alleged issues; assessment, guidance and consultation; regulatory/public health agency liaison; media spokesperson; outbreak investigation assistance; epidemiologic investigations; outbreak dynamics/data analysis; root cause analysis; employee testing plan design; and avoiding/managing liability
- Foodborne illness investigation support, including investigation management, regulatory interpretations and agency liaison, root cause analysis and health hazard analysis
- Communication and training, such as employee and/or management training, infographics and custom programs
- Expert witness testimony or opinion for arbitrations and other legal allegations
- TAG network referrals for onsite public health and wellness service.
TAG said it also can conduct a Virtual Townhall for companies' employees or leadership teams, providing an educational overview of the state of a current public health event (such as today’s COVID-19 variant and vaccine situation). Additionally, TAG is working on the development of a tracking system for common infectious diseases of concern, which it will be announcing in the near future.