A new $475 inflatable packaging system from Sealed Air – the inventor of Bubble Wrap and many other packaging solutions sold worldwide – provides a space-saving, cost-saving, and environmentally friendly alternative for void-fill and cushioning in packing boxes. The new Fill-Air Flow system makes protective air pillows affordable for users with low-volume shipping needs for the first time.
Available exclusively in the U.S. from Millennium Packaging, the compact Fill-Air FLOW machine mounts to a wall or tabletop and produces 11 high-fill or 20 low-fill inflated plastic bags per minute. Both the machine’s 13" x 14" x 8" footprint and the inflation speed are suited to environments with moderate shipping volumes.
Benefits of the inflatable packaging technology include:
- Reduced storage space requirements – Each Flow roll contains 500 10” x 8” ready-to-fill perforated bags in a spool not much larger than a roll of paper towels. A single roll produces fill volume equivalent to more than three-and-a-half 14-cubic-foot bags of packing peanuts, freeing up nearly 50 cubic feet of storage space per roll.
- Reduced packing material costs – At $50 per 500-bag roll, inflatable packaging costs roughly $1 per cubic foot of fill. The refill rolls are also available exclusively from Millennium Packaging.
- Reduced shipping costs – The air pillows produced by the Fill-Air Flow provide cushioning in less space, providing a shipping cost advantage for dimensional weight pricing that is based on the length, width and height of a package.
- Shipping protection – The air cushions help prevent box contents from shifting in transit, providing protection from damage or breakage.
- Environmental compliance – Inflatable packaging is sustainable and can be deflated and re-inflated for reuse.
Operation of the Fill-Air FLOW is the swiping of the hand over a sensor located on the side of the unit for each bag desired, or holding the hand over the sensor for three seconds to inflate 100 bags at a time. High-fill or low-fill can be selected with the touch of a button. An optional photo sensor attachment for use with a continuous flow setting will stop production when it detects a set number of inflated bags and resume it when the bags are removed, making it possible to have bags ready for immediate use without inflating the whole roll at one time. For more information or ordering, visit www.parcelpkg.com.