The GMA Science Forum, March 26-27, 2019, will bring together a roster of acclaimed speakers to provide insights on emerging science, innovation, safety and legal requirements in a wide array of areas. The event will explore themes including food safety, government regulations, global issues, chemical ingredients, nutrition and labeling, biotechnology and more.
The Forum’s opening Keynote Session will be A Conversation About the Future of GMA from the People Who Will Shape It, will bring together three key leaders for a critical discussion on the role of science and the transforming agenda at GMA. Moderated by Tom Ferriter, CEO of Bush Brothers and Company, don’t miss this session with GMA’s new President and CEO Geoff Freeman and GMA’s new SVP of Science and Technology Dr. Betsy Booren.
Additionally, Learning Lab hands-on training sessions have now been integrated into the conference to provide even more opportunities to network and engage. These include:
- Round 1:
- FDA Nutrition Innovation Strategy - What Does the Future Hold?
- Tools for Building a Robust Food Defense Plan
- Building Consumer and Policymaker Trust via Transparency: How Brands are Utilizing SmartLabel
- Round 2:
- Current Issues in CPG Packaging
- Understanding the Whole Genome
- Cell Culture Technology to Develop New Innovative Products
The Science Forum will be held at the Renaissance Downtown Hotel in Washington D.C. To register for the Science Forum, visit https://www.gmaonline.org/forms/meeting/Microsite/scienceforum19,2.