PARIS — The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) is gearing up for its annual Global Summit from June 21-24, which will unite senior leaders from the world’s biggest companies for collaborative discussions on how to secure better lives through better business.
CGF said the four-day summit provides a major opportunity for CEOs, industry experts and opinion leaders to reflect on pressing challenges for the consumer goods industry, including the impacts of COVID-19 and how to really build back better to ensure strong, resilient businesses and communities.
Attendees will hear inspiring examples of leadership, ingenuity, and innovation – with a focus on how to address common challenges. The event will also reflect on the progress being achieved by CGF’s Coalitions of Action on eight urgent issues: forests, human rights, plastics, healthier lives, food waste, food safety, supply chains and product data.
“The challenges facing businesses, society and our environment have become even more pressing in the last year, and the Global Summit provides an important chance to reflect on all we have learned, to catalyze even greater collective action," Wai-Chan Chan, managing director of the Consumer Goods Forum, said. "To seize the opportunities for positive progress, the world needs business at its best — and we know that leadership from our sector is vital as we build back better.
- What’s Next for the Industry and How Will CGF Contribute with the following speakers: Emmanuel Faber, Former Danone chairman and CEO, James Quincey, chairman and CEO, the Coca-Cola Co., Özgür Tort, CEO, Migros Ticaret, Daniel Zhang, chairman and CEO Alibaba Group
- A Year of Major Milestones: When Climate Change, Food & Health Meet with Dr. Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary General Envoy to the UN Food Systems Summit and Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever
- “E-everything” as the Shopping New Normal? led by Tim Steiner, CEO Ocado Group
- Ways to Build Resilience in Tough Times panel with Frans Muller, president and CEO, Ahold Delhaize and Mark Schneider, CEO of Nestlé
- What can manufacturers and retailers learn from the biggest pandemic of our lifetimes? with Laxman Narasimhan, CEO of Reckitt
- The Role of Technology in Global Sustainability led by Safra Catz, CEO of Oracle
Discussions at the Global Summit will be held via speaker sessions and panels, tech talks, coalition meetings and more. As part of the virtual experience, filled with networking opportunities, the program has been built around primetime content slots, where delegates from multiple time zones will be able to connect and participate in live sessions.