On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, the Culinary Vegetable Institute, in Milan, Ohio, will host a culinary experience celebrating the spirit of teamwork in support of the Ment’or BKB Foundation, the non-profit organization that supports Team USA at the international culinary competition, Bocuse d’Or.
Bocuse d’Or is a biennial cooking competition where 24 teams compete on the world’s culinary stage to demonstrate their skills. Team USA, supported by Ment’or, is an opportunity for American chefs to showcase their talent and for collaboration with the world.
Led by Culinary Vegetable Institute Executive Chef Jamie Simpson, the evening will feature courses created by a team of acclaimed guest chefs, including:
- Chef Aaron Bludorn, former executive chef, Cafe Boulud New York: Chef Bludorn is devoted to mentoring the next generation of culinary leaders and is deeply involved in the nonprofit Careers Through Culinary Arts Programs. In 2018, he competed on The Final Table.
- Chef Mathew Peters, 2017 Bocuse d’Or Gold Winner, Ment’or BKB: Chef Peters is the first U.S. chef to win Bocuse d’Or and has been a part of culinary teams at Ritz Carlton, Adour Alain Ducasse, Per Se, and The French Laundry.
- Chef Robert Sulatycky, chef, Ment’or BKB: Chef Sulatycky has a long prize-winning and mentoring history with the Bocuse D'or, and was the assistant coach for Bocuse d’Or Team USA 2017, the team that won the first gold medal for the USA.
- Chef Melissa Rodriguez, executive chef, Del Posto, New York. In 2017, Chef Rodriguez became the first woman at the head of a restaurant who was awarded four stars by the New York Times. Early in her culinary career, she worked at Daniel Boulud’s flagship restaurant.
- Chef Junior Borges, Dallas chef. After opening Uchi and Mirador in Dallas, Chef Borges is opening a new Dallas casual neighborhood restaurant that will offer American food in a space seating about 100 people.
At the event, guests will experience incredible cuisine and have the chance for a meet-and-greet with Chef Thomas Keller and Chef Daniel Boulud
- Keller is Ment’or BKB Team USA president and founding board member. Renowned for his culinary skills and high standards, he has established a new paradigm within the hospitality profession; is the first and only American-born chef to hold multiple three-star ratings from the Michelin Guide; and is the first male chef from the U.S. to be designated a Chevalier of The French Legion of Honor, the highest decoration in France. He has received countless accolades, including The Culinary Institute of America’s “Chef of the Year” Award, The James Beard Foundation’s “Outstanding Chef” and “Outstanding Restaurateur” Awards, and induction into the 12th Class of the California Hall of Fame in December 2018. Known for his dedication to mentoring young chefs, in 2017 Keller and Boulud led Team USA to a gold win at the Bocuse d’Or.
- Boulud is a Ment’or BKB founding boarding member and is considered one of the leading culinary authorities in the U.S. He presents a continually evolving cuisine that receives accolades as he creates contemporary soulful dishes with roots in French tradition. He is the author of ten cookbooks, the recipient of multiple James Beard Foundation awards including “Outstanding Chef” and “Outstanding Restaurateur,” and the recipient of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants “Lifetime Achievement Award” (2015). He holds Michelin star ratings at both his flagship restaurant, Daniel, and Café Boulud. Chef Boulud’s culinary reach has extended to properties across the U.S., as well as in London, Toronto, Montreal, and Singapore. In addition to his work with Ment’or BKB, Boulud is a supporter and co-president of Citymeals-on-Wheels.
Tickets for the event are limited and can be purchased at https://culinaryvegetableinstitute.com/main/event/bocuse_2021.