The honoree is selected from nominations submitted by United Fresh members across the industry. Nominations are evaluated based on the candidate’s involvement in the industry, contributions to the industry, and inspiration for others working in the industry.
“This reception is one of the most inspirational events at our convention and I’m honored to have been present for each ceremony over the past 20 years,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “Celebrating the contributions from all women in our industry is the focus of this gathering and I invite everyone to join me at the 20th annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce in Chicago.”
The 2017 honoree will join a distinguished group of women including:
• Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
• Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
• Frieda Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
• Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
• Margaret D’Arrigo, Taylor Farms, Inc.
• Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
• Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
• Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
• Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
• Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
• Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
• Lisa McNeece Miceli, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
• Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
• Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
• Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
• Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
• Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet/Greenyard USA
• Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
• Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
Nominations for the 2017 honoree are now being accepted until April 28, 2017. Tickets for the Reception Honoring Women in Produce are required, and are included in the United Fresh 2017 All Access Package. To register for the event, visit www.unitedfreshshow.org.
To nominate, visit http://www.unitedfresh.org/2017-women-produce-nomination-form/.
For more information about the nomination process or the reception, contact United Fresh Senior Director of Member Programs & Education, Amanda Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-303-3412.