Destech Publications, Inc. announces the publication of Molecular Methods for the Detection and Characterization of Foodborne and Environmental Pathogens by Suresh D. Pillai Ph.D. and Jessica A. McKelvey M.S.
Combining the depth of a textbook and the guidance of a lab manual, this volume introduces contemporary molecular methods that are widely used to identify and characterize microbial populations and specific pathogens, the publisher said. The book is structured to explain the basic theory and the rationale for choosing appropriate approaches and specific methods. This material is supplemented by in-depth descriptions of lab experiments. Step-by-step guidelines are provided for a variety of experimental objectives. The techniques explained in this volume can be used in a variety of instructional settings and have been taught to students in academic disciplines such as food science, nutrition, environmental technology, and animal science.
- Techniques for the detection and characterization of microbial pathogens in foods and environmental samples.
- Molecular techniques and their underlying theories and protocols laid out step by step.
- Protocols cover: sample processing, DNA extraction, PCR amplification of target genes, methods for quantifying and quality checking DNA/RNA samples.
- Conventional microbiology, DNA, RNA and other genetic techniques using commercially available materials and kits.
- Guidance for examining, recording, and interpreting data.
- Microorganisms: Detection and Characterization
- Microbial DNA Extraction, Purification and Quantification
- Introduction to PCR Amplification
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Microbial RNA Extraction, Purification and Quantification
- Gene Expression using Real-Time PCR Assay
Molecular Methods for the Detection and Characterization of Foodborne and Environmental Pathogens, by Suresh D. Pillai Ph.D. and Jessica A. McKelvey M.S., is published by Destech Publications, best known for advanced publications in engineering and science. 2017, 163 pages, 6x9, hardcover, ISBN 978-1-60595-079-2, Price: $129.50. The book is available at www.destechpub.com.