The Board of Trustees of the Meat Industry Hall of Fame has announced seven new members to be inducted into the Hall as the Class of 2018. Approximately 40 industry titans were nominated this year, and the Class of 2018 was elected from those nominees by the trustees and all the living members of the Hall. Nominees included industry executives, scientists, innovators and association leaders from all sectors of the livestock, meatpacking and poultry processing industries.
"Once again, the Board of Trustees and living members of the Hall have done well to sort through a crowded field of well-qualified nominations," said Director Andy Hanacek. "The Hall welcomes a class representing a wide variety of disciplines and divisions of the meat and poultry industry. All inductees have a staunch record of innovation and advancement behind them, and I personally cannot wait to celebrate their accomplishments at the ceremony in February."
The Induction Ceremony for the new members will take place February 11, 2019, at the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta. The dinner and presentation ceremony will run in conjunction with the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE), with the support of the North American Meat Institute (NAMI) and the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association (USPOULTRY).
The Meat Industry Hall of Fame Class of 2018 includes:
- Rod Bowling, AG Marketing Specialist, USDA-AMS; Owner, AgriFood Solutions International
- Neil Genshaft, CEO, Fresh Mark
- Ronald Miniat, Chairman of the Board, Miniat Holdings
- Elsa Murano, Director, Borlaug Institute; Past President, Texas A&M University
- James Riemann, Assistant Secretary, Kansas Dept. of Agriculture (retired); Past President, Certified Angus Beef LLC
- Mike Satzow, Executive Vice President, North Country Smokehouse
- Jimmy Wise, Meat Judging Program Coordinator, American Meat Science Association (retired); AG Marketing Specialist, USDA-AMS
To learn more or purchase tickets to the event, visit www.meatindustryhalloffame.com.