GlobalData Presents Top 25 Consumer Packaged Goods Companies by Market Cap

GlobalData Presents Top 25 Consumer Packaged Goods Companies by Market Cap

Nestle, Procter & Gamble, and Anheuser-Busch InBev remained in the top three company positions.

Subscribe
April 11, 2018
QA Staff
Industry News

The performance highlights of the Top 25 publicly traded global consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies for 2017 have been confirmed in the latest research from GlobalData, data and analytics company.

According to the analysis, Nestle, Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) remained in the top three company positions in terms of market cap (M cap) with Nestle wrestling the No. 1 position from P&G. AB InBev and Nestle witnessed a 19.4% and 18.2% growth in M cap, respectively. However, P&G’s M cap mostly remained unchanged at the end of 2017.
‘‘The majority of the companies in the top 25 list showed positive results, with 19 of them witnessing a double digit growth in M cap,” said Lead Analyst Amal George. “Kweichow Moutai was the new entrant in the top 10 after realizing 1.3x growth in M cap value. Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group and Jiangsu Yanghe Brewery doubled their M cap, whereas Wuliangye Yibin grew by 1.6 times in M cap. P&G had a restrained growth, while Kraft Heinz, Mondelez and General Mills recorded a negative growth. Although Unilever slipped to seventh position in 2017 from the previous year’s sixth spot, its M cap value grew by over 21%.’’ 

GlobalData’s analysis of each business in the Top 25 is based on a number of key metrics including their M cap, price-earnings ratio, earnings per share, enterprise value to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, return on capital employed, return on assets, research and development as a percentage of sales, and operating margin.

In terms of revenue, 40% of the top 10 companies, including Kraft Heinz, Kweichow Moutai, AB InBev, and Diageo, showed positive growth, whereas the remaining 60% remained mostly unchanged. Kraft Heinz recorded the most robust growth with a 44.4% increase on the previous year’s revenue.
For more information, visit https://www.globaldata.com/top-25-global-banking-institutions-market-cap-end-2017.