The Food Safety Summit Educational Advisory Board (EAB), comprised of professionals and experts representing the entire food industry including processors, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, foodservice operators, regulators and academia, are working collectively to develop the education program for the 2018 event scheduled for May 7-10 in Rosemont, Ill. The content of the Summit’s education program which will focus on the importance of Food Safety Throughout the Supply Chain.
"We have 20 years' worth of history and have partnered with experts in the field to help us execute the direction for the 2018 Food Safety Summit which will focus on how each community that makes up the food supply chain is connected and how vital it is to understand not only your roles and responsibilities but also those in the entire supply chain," said Scott Wolters, director, Tradeshows & Conferences, BNP Media, which produces the event. "The Summit will offer case studies, educational sessions, peer-to-peer conversations, new technologies, and provide a wide range of applicable, real world solutions to identified needs and situations for the food community. We will use the community concept to allow for networking with peers and subject matter experts throughout the event."
The Food Safety Summit will be defining the supply chain as it relates to the communities that are represented by the food safety professionals who attend the Summit, which are the major segments of the food industry including growers/farmers; manufacturers/processors/ suppliers; distributors; retailers/foodservice and regulators.
Members of the Educational Advisory Board setting the direction for the event, include:
- Gary Ades, PhD - President, G&L Consulting Group
- Jay Amelang (NEW)- Vice President of Continuous Improvement, Plumrose USA
- Chirag H. Bhatt, RS, CCFS, Director, Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Buc-ee's Ltd.
- Sharon Birkett - VP North American Quality and Food Protection, OSI Group, LLC
- Joe Corby - Executive Director, Association of Food & Drug Officials
- Will Daniels - President, Fresh Integrity Group
- James Doherty (NEW) - Director, Quality Assurance and Food Safety, Sodexo, Inc.
- Michael Dunn (NEW) - Director, Supply Chain and Brand Safety, Quality Control and Quality Assurance, Five Guys
- Faye Feldstein - Senior Advisor, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Ryan Friedman (NEW) - Warehouse Director, Sysco San Diego
- Melanie Hamelton (NEW) - Director Supplier FSQA, US Foods
- Craig Henry, PhD - Food Safety Consultant, Intro Inc.
- Jorge Hernandez - Chief Food Safety Officer, Wholesome International
- Lee-Ann Jaykus, PhD (NEW) - William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor & Noro CORE Scientific Director, North Carolina State University
- Gillian Kelleher - Vice President of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Wegman's
- Mahipal Kunduru, PhD - Vice President, Quality Assurance, Topco Associates
- Glenda Lewis - M.S.P.H., Director, Retail Food Protection Staff, FDA
- Arthur P. Liang, MD, MPH - Senior Advisor for Food Safety, CDC
- Joan Menke-Schaenzer - Chief Quality Officer, Van Drunen Farms/FutureCeuticals
- Donna Schaffner, MS -Associate Director, Food Safety, Quality Assurance & Training, Rutgers University
- John Spink, PhD - Director and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
- Shawn Stevens - National Food Industry Lawyer, Food Industry Council
- Patricia Wester - President, PA Wester Consulting
- Craig Wilson - Vice President, GMM, Costco
- John Zimmermann (NEW) - Vice President, Quality Assurance & Food Safety, First Watch Restaurants
The Food Safety Summit provides an in-depth conference program offering solutions for today and planning for tomorrow, featuring leading authorities examining up-to-date innovations in the food industry. The event beings Monday, May 7 and will offer seven certification programs, 28 interactive education sessions, and a trade show floor with more than 200 exhibiting companies. For more information, visit www.foodsafetysummit.com.